Friday 8 November 2013

Hello friend card

I don't often do cards but I really want to get into them.  Simon Say's Stamp have this competition going where you have to do patchwork.  I want to do so many ideas but simply don't have the time.  But this is what came to mind when I read their blog.  I have never entered one of their competitions before but I ADORE some of their stamps especially the ones with matching dies. I think that is a brilliant idea and when I have saved up I plan on a mini shopping spree.  But for now I couldn't resist having a go at this card.  It is very simple I know but I have to start somewhere.  I'm a scrapbooker normally. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you joined us for this challenge! I couldn't believe it when you wrote that you don't normally make cards because this is beautiful and very PRO!! We are opposite because I love making cards, but would break out into nervous hives if I ever had to a layout! So just know that I have total admiration for scrapbookers! Anyway, I just loved your take on our "patchwork" theme and the colors and patterns were perfect. I thought it was so clever to make a little falling petal, too. Great visual impact and I really like how you did ripped edges around your elements. If this is one of your "beginner" cards, I can't even imagine what one of your "advanced" cards would look like! This is truly lovely and creative and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete